Statement of Purpose
Health and Social Care Act 2008
Aims and objectives
- To provide an appropriate sensitive service in a safe and nurturing environment that achieves positive outcomes for individual service users.
- To recognise the diversity and individuality of each service user and their family and friends with regard to culture, beliefs and relationships and personal needs.
- To provide opportunities to increase the service user’s self-esteem and self-worth through craft and enterprise projects, voluntary work within the community and shared responsibilities within the centre.
- To encourage the personal development of our service users by offering continual support and accredited courses at an appropriate level covering topics such as Personal Care, Managing Personal Relationships, Healthy Eating, Cooking, Drug Awareness, Managing Emotions etc.
- To provide training in basic life skills, thus enabling service users to gain greater independence and, where appropriate, to live as independently as possible.
- To tailor all activities and projects to individual’s assessed needs and abilities.
- To treat all staff, service users and visitors to Penny Meadow with respect, dignity and sensitivity.